Why You’re Going About Business Planning Wrong
It’s the time of year when CEOs, business owners and executives alike are considering growth. Whether last year was a down year or revenues were significantly up over the previous year, you can never ever stop considering how to grow your company.
Why is this important? Because your competitors are constantly thinking about how they can grow their business, and taking some of your market share is likely at the top of their list.
Here’s the thing though. Many CEOs are going about growth in the wrong way.
Over the next few weeks I want to share with you some ideas to help you create plans to ensure that this is your biggest year yet. As a start I wanted to bring up a point that I’ve discussed before – customer value.
It really doesn’t matter what you think is the best method to grow your business because you aren’t the customer.
Business growth results ultimately from three fundamental components:
1. What customers value in your products/services today.
2. What customers will value in your products/services tomorrow.
3. What customers value in products/services that you do not provide, but that are complimentary.
In this brief video I outline the concept of customer value, specifically how you need to position customer value in order to frame your business for growth.
When you’re done watching, take a minute to review some additional resources in order to help you in your business planning:
- Video: Is Capitalization Part of Your Growth Strategy?
- Podcast: Are you Growing DEEP & WIDE or Not Growing At All?
- Casemore and Co Strategy and Business Planning Services
© Shawn Casemore 2015. All rights reserved.
Satisfy your customers, ensure your continuity and
Grow your business.
Grab your free copy of Grow Your Business From The Inside Out TO learn what it takes.