We are all influenced by our surroundings and therefore the activities we undertake; the people we spend time with; even the food we eat influences our behaviors and perceptions.
The list of improvements you could make here is virtually endless, but here are five quick ideas that will dramatically improve your outlook and effectiveness.
1. Read the news, don’t watch it. You need to manage the information that is entering your brain, not sit and accept a steady diet of what someone else would like you to hear.
2. Drink water. Water has no calories; it’s filling and contains no artificial flavors or sugar. Why aren’t you drinking more of it?
3. Don’t believe what you hear. Some people that Elvis is still alive! Others have been to his house and grave site and recognize the reality. Make decisions based on your own observations and fact, not based on what others would have you believe.
4. Stop talking about it: If you have a goal or desire, give consideration to it’s validity; make a prudent decision; and then take action! Life is too short for dreaming. I would rather do something.
5. Can you hear my tone?: Before you send your next email, force yourself to pickup the phone instead. You will be surprised at how much easier it is to send your message (either negative or positive), and I guarantee your inbox will thank-you.
© Shawn Casemore 2012. All rights reserved.