- Select the three most important things to do each day and do them first.
- Schedule your time, even downtime and stick to your schedule!
- Capture new ideas on a list and then set it aside. Review it weekly during scheduled time.
- Eliminate distractions (i.e. email, messaging, social media).
- Place your phone on forward and return calls at scheduled times.
- Keep meetings and conversations brief and focused on the point at hand.
- Askew meetings that do not provide value.
- Delegate anything and everything you can. If you have no one to delegate to, ask a spouse or hire someone. Your time is too valuable.
- Use closed ended questions to quickly bring unexpected interruptions from others to conclusion.
- Use timers and alarms to keep you focused on completing tasks on time.
- Turn off bells and chimes that remind you of new email messages.
And here is a bonus for you. Hold yourself accountable. How you manage your time is completely up to you.
© Shawn Casemore 2013. All rights reserved.
Add a Comment