If you want to increase productivity, either personally or within your organization then seek to simplify. Not sure where to start? Consider the following strategies to simplify meetings and improve their effectiveness:
- Shorten meeting duration to 30 minutes
- Don’t accept unscheduled or unexpected meetings
- Start and end meetings on time, regardless of progress
- Don’t capture meeting minutes, capture actions – what by who by when
- Limit the investment of time for meetings 2.5 hours per day.
Sound simple? That’s the point.
Less is more. Now go apply something and start to regain your time and increase your productivity.
© Shawn Casemore 2013. All rights reserved.