Are you a great leader?
Leadership has been studied and analyzed for years through various theories, models and and assessments. As time progresses however we seem to make the concept of being a great leader an unattainable objective.
Based on my experience working with leaders of various Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies, here is my list of six characteristics of a great leader. This is based in reality, not theory.
Great leaders are:
1. Action Oriented: Great leaders do not wait to take action, they seize the moment.
2. Process Driven: Speed in execution comes from having clear and nimble processes.
3. Success Oriented: Delivering results of any kind demonstrates success. Greater leaders do not engage in analysis paralysis.
4. Priority Focused: They have complete clarity around the priorities for the week; the day; even the hour.
5. Flexible: New information can impact outcomes; flexibility in managing is key.
6. Internally Motivated: They have a burning desire that drives their performance despite obstacles and challenges that might present themselves.
Now comes the difficult question. How do you measure up against these characteristics? How do your employees or team members think you measure up? The results might surprise you.
© Shawn Casemore 2017. All rights reserved.